Role and Responsibilities
The Event Manager position, under the direction of the Senior Vice President, is responsible for overseeing and organizing events for BESTAgency. The Event Manager will be tasked with researching and securing venues, planning and managing our events’ calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event objectives. The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management. The noteworthy Event Manager should reinforce client-to-business relations, continue to further aggrandize the organization’s image, and effectively deliver on event objectives. The primary functions and additional responsibilities include:
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Handling budgeting and invoicing.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors.
- Negotiating sponsorship deals.
- Handling logistics.
- Updating senior management.
- Managing branding and communication.
- Meet with clients and coordinate with them regularly
- Look for and compare different vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.)
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
- Hire, train and oversee personnel
- Evaluate personnel and provide reports
- Manage all event operations
- Carefully oversee event happenings
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports
- Manage and update event inventory
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Candidates should possess the following:
- A minimum of 2 years event management experience required.
- Experience with creating event floor plan software a plus, i.e. SocialTables, Allseated preferred
- Project management experience a plus
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of basic computer programs including MS Office, Google Apps, and the Internet
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, management, employees, clients, vendors, and talent.
- Ability to maintain composure in a sometimes high stressed, fast paced environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university in Event Management, Hospitality, Marketing or a related field preferred
Benefits & Compensation
- Medical, Dental & Vision upon completion of 60-day waiting period
- LTD (if eligible)
- PTO & Wellness Days
- Paid holidays
- Full-time position-Salary-DOE
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this position.
Our company currently has mandatory COVID protocols in place for the safety of our team members, talent, guests and clients which includes, but not limited to:
- Temperature Screenings
- Social Distancing in communal areas
- Wearing proper face coverings
- Sanitizing of office and communal spaces
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org