ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Production & Events at Fashion Show is responsible for overseeing the entire program operation as it relates to BESTAgency employees as well as providing support, direction and assistance to the program team members and talent. Promotes positive guest, client, and talent experiences by ensuring that all areas and aspects of the program are running at the optimum performance level. Works with respective BESTAgency clients/partners/vendors to coordinate on-site property special events, runway shows along with pre and post productions, maintain overall program quality and integrity, and ensure policies and procedures are consistently enforced and followed. The ideal candidate is innovative, creative and proactive with a high standard of client relations and teamwork.
• Managers program’s operating budget
• Oversees rehearsals for all runway shows, special events and productions
• Manager must ensure all talent sign and complete timesheets correctly each day they work- all timesheets should be uploaded to Finance
• Develops and distributes show flow and event layouts at least 3 weeks prior to every event, sends updates as needed to client and team members and coordinates with Tech Manager accordingly; ensures set ups and strikes for all events are completed
• Secures all necessary permits and additional needs for property maintenance and events in coordination with the Tech Manager
• Works with the Tech Manager to ensure staff adhere to OSHA standards and comply with safe working procedures
• Works with the Tech Manager to ensure all change outs of advertising displays (sky murals, clings, durartrans, bulkheads, etc) and assists as needed
• Securing rentals for special events and forming good relationships with vendors accordingly
• Interviewing, casting and training employees; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees- *note: may be involved in one or all of the hiring process.
• Enhances talent morale and company reputation by developing unique ways to reward employees for excellent job performance.
• Uphold strong communication channels with team to ensure a consistent message relating to discipline, appearance standards and daily responsibilities.
• Plays an important role in development of cost saving measures and property/program improvements
• Must have the ability to endure long periods of sitting and standing
• Must attend trainings, meetings and certification courses required by client and BESTAgency
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates should possess the following:
• Previous Management Experience; prefer at least 3 years in managing events and/or theater productions
• Previous experience managing events at large scale retail property or hotel a plus
• Knowledge of audio, lighting, and/or automation a plus, but not necessary
• Experience using CAD programs, SketchUp, social tables or other event layout software a plus
• Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
• Adept at supervising and motivating employees
• Experience and knowledge of Social Media applications
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Professional attitude and demeanor.
• Exceptional organization skills.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Flexible schedule and willing to work outside of scheduled hours as needed.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, management, employees, clients, vendors and talent.
• Ability to maintain composure in a sometimes high stressed, fast paced environment.
• Knowledge of computer programs including MS Office, Google Apps, and the Internet
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
• Health, Dental, and Vision available to Full-time employees after 60 days
• PTO available after 60 days
• Full-time- Salary
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org