ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BESTAgency is seeking candidates for the BevErtainment Shift Supervisor (FT and PT) position. BevErtainers are talented singers and dancers who perform on small stages throughout the casino. Between performances, the BevErtainers serve drinks to casino patrons. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the BevErtainment program at the Rio All Suite Hotel & Casino under the direction of BESTAgency. This position assists the Program Operations Manager, Shift Managers and Supervisors in the supervision and disciplining of the program employees, maintenance of proper documentation in accordance with safety, worker’s compensation, and company guidelines, and performance of exceptional customer service through positive guest interactions
• Responsible for remaining on property at all times during shift to assess casino floor volume and ensure guests are receiving beverage service in a timely manner according to program performance metrics
• Lead pre-shift meetings to discuss notes and directives from Program Manager, Rio management and BESTAgency corporate, modifications to schedule, and service data reporting
• Must verify all shift team members have clocked in and signed in on the appropriate time sheet and a break time has been designated
• Responsible for all paperwork associated with their shift including but not limited to shift schedules, time and attendance, maintenance logs, disciplinary forms, and worker’s compensation documentation
• Willingness to learn new systems and technology related to BevErtainment operations
• Conduct “spotlight” assessments of employees to ensure program standards are being upheld
• Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are being followed and disciplining and coaching team members accordingly
• Program shift supervisors report directly to the Program Shift Managers
• Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates should possess the following:
• Previous Supervisor Experience; prefer at least 3-5 years
• Previous Food & Beverage, Casino or Entertainment experience a plus
• Must be able to attain Alcohol Awareness and Health cards before completion of training
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Professional demeanor.
• Work with little to no direction
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Flexible schedule.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, management, employees, and client
• Ability to maintain composure in a sometimes high stressed, fast paced environment.
• Entertainment management, F & B management, or experience working in a high-volume casino a plus.
• Knowledge of basic computer programs including MS Office programs and the internet
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Non-exempt: Hourly
- Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance after 60 days
- Selected candidates will be required to complete a MANDATORY paid training. Tentative dates: 1/22/19 – 2/1/19. *additional dates may be added
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this position