Professionally trained VOCALISTS to join the new and reimagined Streetmosphere entertainment program in the luxurious Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian/Palazzo Hotel Resort. The program consists of a cast of that performs a Pop Opera style and sound that borrows from the classical operatic genre and pop favorites.
- Must be strong vocalists and actors with excellent performance skills who move well.
- Must have a good size voice with the ability to project voice in an acoustic (without a microphone) setting
- Operatic and/or musical theater vocalists who can sing crossover pop styles.
- A strong belt with good technique a plus.
- Other skills include singing a capella, and being able to interact/improvise with resort guests.
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Strong Performance skills, previous stage performance a plus
- Experience singing in Italian a plus
- Have an outgoing personality, enjoy interacting with guests
- Must be able to perform approved selections
- Must be able to stay in character while in guest areas
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Candidates should possess the following:
- Previous entertainment performance experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work flexible hours; including holidays and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, management, employees, and clients
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Program operates 3 – 5 days a week, 365 days a year
- Part-time/On-call positions available
- Non-exempt-hourly; paid bi-weekly
- Rate: Competitive hourly
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Send over two RECENT video clips of you singing, along with a resume and a headshot.
- Preference would be to showcase two different styles of songs/genres of music and also songs that showcase your vocal range,vocal technique and voice projection; preferably an upbeat song that shows how well you move and your stage presence/performance AND a pop/musical theater ballad or operatic aria.
- Please DO NOT include a video file as an attachment. Include a link to a hosted platform such as YouTube, Vimeo or Dropbox, Google Drive.
- Your current headshot and resume as PDF attachments.
- The best phone number and email address to contact you.
All submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org (This is the only place your audition will be accepted).