Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Entertainment Manager, under the direction of the Director of Operations & Senior Vice President, is responsible for the integrity and quality of assigned BESTAgency entertainment programs, casting entertainment for program special events, and assisting with conceptualization and operation of corporate events. This includes maintaining relationships with employees, property entertainment managers, and clients; formulating policies and procedures to streamline program operations; and working with the Director of Operations to handle human resources related concerns including compliance with state and federal laws. The employee’s work setting will be a combination of the corporate office and will require weekly visits to various venues related to the company’s entertainment programs and program special events.
- Corresponds on a weekly (or more) basis with all assigned property heads/clients and entertainment managers of on-going programs; on-site visits to programs to ensure operational standards
- Identifies cost-saving measures within the entertainment programs
- Consults with the Director of Operations & Senior Vice President on all budgetary aspects of the programs; reports program status updates to the Director of Operations
- Continuously evaluates program operating procedures to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Casts entertainment for programs and program special events
- Compiles project files for program special events which includes: contracts, pertinent correspondence, talent and vendor pay outs, company booking sheet
- Provides clients with calculations of cost estimates for proposed and secured events and programs
- Ensures operational performance of Events and Corporate Entertainment departments
- Assists and supports property management with personnel and program issues
- Works closely with Director of Operations & Senior Vice President in creating new entertainment and theme concepts to obtain new business for corporate events and entertainment programs
- Performs all duties assigned by Management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Candidates should possess the following:
- This position requires a high school diploma and at least five (5) years in the entertainment industry as it relates to entertainers, shows, productions, operations and creative concepts, or any combination of experience and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill, and ability required
- Knowledge of a wide variety of entertainers, acts, shows, and special events
- Knowledge of stage management, casting, directing and producing entertainment and productions
- Knowledge of personnel management
- Knowledge of basic computer programs including Windows, MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, QuickBooks, Google Apps, and the Internet
- General supervisory skills to supervise a large number of people
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to generate creative ideas; ability to write proposals
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, management, employees, clients, vendors and talent.
- Ability to maintain composure in a sometimes high stressed, fast paced environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Entertainment/Event Management, Theater and Production, or Performing Arts
Benefits & Compensation
- This position is Full-time- Salary (Exempt)
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance after 60 days
- PTO and Wellness after 90-day probationary period
HOW TO APPLY: Please email resume to email@example.com
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this position